Voice Lessons with Anastasia
I teach voice lessons to students ages 8 and up from my home in Melrose, Massachusetts.
I am currently teaching remote lessons, and will offer both remote and in person lessons beginning in September 2022. I offer different lesson lengths and packages to fit a variety of scheduling needs. Please contact me for more information.
I have been singing since I was a child, and have over 10 years of formal music education and teaching experience. My students have ranged from beginner to advanced, ages six through eighty, and have studied many musical styles. For more, see my Bio page.
What I Teach
- Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced classical technique, style, and repertoire
- Beginner and Intermediate jazz style and repertoire
- Beginner musical theater style and repertoire
- Beginner pop/folk/other style and repertoire
- Children's music and vocal development
- Music reading, ear training, music theory, sight singing, tonic sol-fa
- Performance and audition preparation
Next summer, Anastasia will join the faculty of Early Music Week in Conway, New Hampshire for her third year to teach voice lessons and coach individuals and ensembles in Renaissance and Baroque styles. To learn more about Early Music Week 2023, please click here.
I teach students to focus on achieving the sensations of healthy singing, instead of making judgments about the resulting sounds, which can often be instinctively negative, rather than objective and analytical. Once we free ourselves from negative judgments, singing becomes healthier, more creative, AND more fun! I ask students to view lessons and practice as science experiments; be playful and observant and the beautiful sounds will happen.